Microsoft Office 365
Using Office 365, users can easily communicate with each other through Microsoft® Outlook® mail and Skype for Business instant messaging and online meetings. Additionally, the Microsoft® SharePoint® Team Site provides a central location for accessing and modifying shared documents. The Office Web Apps enable users to perform basic tasks, such as opening, editing, printing, and saving documents without requiring an installation of the full desktop version of Microsoft® Office 2013 or Office 2016 on a local computer.
Microsoft Office 365
This introductory course will equip learners with an overview of Microsoft® Office 365™ (with Skype® for Business) in a cloud-based environment.
Note: Office 365 training does not cover Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc. For training on Microsoft's productivity suite, visit their respective course pages.
This course is designed for learners who want to become well versed in Office 365.
Foundation - Advanced
Learners should have a working knowledge of at least one of the primary applications of the Microsoft Office suite, such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint or Word.
01: Getting Started
This lesson will cover how to sign in to Office 365, and explore the Office 365 Environment.
02: Collaborating with Shared Files
This lesson will cover how to work with shared documents on the team site, edit documents in web apps, collaborate on the SharepPoint team site, and work with my site.
03: Using the Outlook Web Apps
This lesson will cover how to use the email web app, manage contacts, use the calendar web app, and personalize your outlook web apps.
04: Communicating with Skype for Business
This lesson will cover how to overview of Skype for business, use instant messaging, and make phone and video calls.
05: Using Skype for Business Meetings
This lesson will cover how to initiate meetings, use meeting controls and options, and customize skype for business.
06: Interacting with Mobile Devices
This lesson will cover how to use Office 365 on your windows tablet, access Office 365 email with your smartphone, and access Office 365 documents from a mobile device.
Check hardware requirements.
- Internet access and Windows 8.1 with the latest Service Pack.
- Microsoft® Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10 or newer, with .NET 3.5 or higher; or Windows 7 Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 include the .NET Framework. 4.5.1 Professional with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Office Professional 2013 or Office Professional 2016 (Needed for Skype for Business client)
- Microsoft Office 365 licenses (Office 365 Business Premium is recommended). The Office 365 plan you use depends on the licensing available in your environment. You will need Office 365 Business Premium if you have more than 10 students per class.
- Microsoft Silverlight (Download the latest version from www.microsoft.com/silverlight.)
Optional hardware - Skype for Business
- 128 megabytes (MB) graphics card
- Microphone with speakers, or a headset with microphone
- Web camera for each learner PC
- Needed for the Interacting with Mobile Devices lesson: Smartphone
- Tablet running Windows 8.1 or Windows® 10
At your earliest convenience
Delivery Options and Class Capacity
Classroom, seminar/demo, e-learning, live online
Your place of business
Follow Up Support
Technical helpdesk support is available upon request