Do you have a list of contacts in Excel that you would like to import into your Google Contacts?
Google contacts supports importing data from CSV files, Outlook, Yahoo!, Hotmail and more.
- Open your Excel spreadsheet.
Make sure your column headings are in row 1 and your first contact is in row 2.
The Name field can be a single column, or you can use separate columns for first name, middle name and last name.
The must be a column for email address.
If you have a Notes column, it will be imported into the Contact's Notes field.
- Save As... CSV (comma separated value)
Excel may warn you that your file contains features not supported by CSV format. Click OK.
Note the location of your saved file.
- Open your Google contacts in Gmail.
- Click the More button above the contact list and select Import.
- Click the Choose File button and navigate to your .CSV file. Click Import. Gmail will display the number of contacts to be imported.
- You're done! Click My Contacts to view your Contacts.